Today, I’d like to give thanks for all the Halloween fans and curious souls who have stopped by my little web blog to share in the love for Halloween. Be sure to check us out in December, when we’ll celebrate the dark and spooky side of the holidays.
cold mashed potatoes
longing a familiar voice
ghosts of november
Since November’s Friday falls on the day after Thanksgiving, I’m breaking my own rule and posting a recipe this week.
Let’s be honest, next to green bean casserole, cranberry sauce is the least desirable dish on the holiday table. I suspect that’s because it’s so plain. Well, I found a recipe that might spruce up the trimmings, thanks to the good people over at Gimme Some Oven and their recipe for Cranberry Crisp.
CRANBERRY FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 24 ounces (about 6 cups) fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
CRISPY OATMEAL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios…you pick!)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flour (or almond meal)
- pinch of salt and ground cinnamon
For the full recipe and baking instructions, please go here: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/cranberry-crisp/
Now, instead of a boring side dish, you can serve a sweet and healthy dessert. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to really make it pop!